Please join us for the 2019 Engineering Innovation in Health Spring Symposium
Tuesday June 4, 2019, from 4:00–6:00 p.m.
Lightning pitches start at 4:30 p.m
Waterfront Activities Center, University of Washington (see map)
Student teams will give lightning pitches of their clinical challenges and demonstrate their functional prototypes in interactive booths. Refreshments will be served.
Or email EIHealth@uw.edu
Seven teams of students comprising multiple engineering disciplines from undergraduate and graduate programs have been collaborating with clinical mentors to define and solve unmet challenges in healthcare throughout the 2018-2019 academic year. This year's teams include:
- MAINTAINING STASIS IN CRITICAL CARE, UW Critical Care
- GERMICIDAL WIPE DISPENSER, UW Occupational Therapy
- PREVENTING LOSS OF GUIDEWIRE, Anesthesiology, Seattle Children's
- PRESSURE-REGULATING POSITION AID, UW Urology
- MONITORING BLOOD PRESSURE FOR LVAD OUTPATIENT USE, UW Cardiology
- QTc READER, Family Medicine, Valley Medical
- ACCURATE EPIDURAL PLACEMENT, Anesthesiology, Seattle Children's