The 2018 Engineering Innovation in Health Spring Showcase took place on May 31, 2018. Student teams gave lightning pitches of their clinical challenges and demonstrated their functional prototypes in interactive booths.
Six student teams comprising multiple engineering disciplines from undergraduate and graduate programs have been collaborating with clinical mentors to define and solve unmet challenges in healthcare throughout the 2017-2018 academic year. This year's teams include:
- BITE BLOCK REDESIGN, UW Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- PELVIC FLOOR BIOFEEDBACK, UW Urology
- FLUSHCUT (fibula cutting tool), UW Head & Neck Reconstruction
- LOAD-A-DOSE (insulin self-injector), UW Family Medicine
- MONITORING FETAL WELL-BEING, UW Anesthesiology and Obstetrics
- TELE-CYTOSCOPY, UW Urology