We had 130+ attendees at the 2020 Engineering Innovation in Health Spring Symposium for our 2020 graduating class. The event featured recorded pitches followed by breakout rooms with live poster presentations and Q/A.
Congratulations to our graduating 2020 teams! Seven teams of students comprising multiple engineering disciplines from undergraduate and graduate programs collaborated with clinical mentors to define and solve unmet challenges in healthcare throughout the 2019-2020 academic year. The 2019-2020 teams were
- H2Neo: Neonatal IV Fluid Pumps, UW Neonatology
- SimpleSight: Nasopharynx Visualization, Seattle Children's Pediatric Otolaryngology
- MindMend: Migraine Biofeedback, UW Child Neurology
- SensitIV: Bedside Fluid Monitoring, UW Surgery
- SleepAssist: Obstructive Sleep Apnea, UW Sleep Medicine
- C-O-You: EtCO2 Monitoring, Harborview Emergency Medicine, Stryker
- Insucon: Confirmation of Insulin Pen Injection, UW Diabetes Institue, Novo Nordisk
Read more about exciting program updates and highlights from the 2018-2019 year in our first newsletter
Join us on Tuesday May 7th from 5-6 pm in MEB 237 to learn more about the Engineering Innovation in Health program. Refreshments will be provided.